I’m always looking for delicious alternatives to artificial flavors and drinks with tons of sugar. This recipe is easy and delicious; plus, the kids will love it. Every year when I go to the farm in Utah the lemonade is always there and it’s super yummy! Continue reading “Lavender Lemonade”
My boys LOVE Crepes! They can eat them everyday if I let them, so I found this easy recipe that I have been using for couple years now 😉 It’s quick and easy to make. Here are the ingredients:
3/4 cup Milk (I use almond milk but any milk will work)
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Flour
3 tbs. melted Butter
2 1/2 tbs. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 drops of Young Living Orange Vitality Oil (optional and make sure it’s Young Living ONLY, you can get them here).
Ningxia Berry Syrup or Maple Syrup
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients. Gradually add in the flour and butter, stirring to combine. Add the sugar and vanilla and tangerine oil, mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour about 1/4 a cup of the batter onto the griddle. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
Pour about 1 tbs of the syrup and spread it around and roll it up! So EASY and quick!
My boys love waffles! With powder sugar, syrup or just plain! I use to buy the boxed stuff back in the day until I read all the nasty ingredients in it so I came up across this recipe a few years back and it’s our favorite for sure! Continue reading “DIY Waffles!”
Today was a super exciting day for my boys! Every time we go to the store they beg me to buy them goldfish but most of the time I say no because a lot of these foods are made with bleached white flour, additives, preservatives, food dyes, aside from the fact that they are super salty. YUCK! Continue reading “DIY Goldfish”
There is days you feel like some Mexican food but don’t feel like leaving your house, so I decided to just learn on how to make your own Salsa and Guacamole that are super easy to make! And to chase it down you need a good old Mojito! I promise your whole family will love it!
The video below got cut short but you can see on how you make it 🙂
5 Minute Salsa:
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1-2 handfuls of Cilantro
- about 3 tbs of Lime juice
- 2-3 drops Lime Vitality Essential Oil
1. Add all ingredients to food processor in the order listed. Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process to smooth as desired.
2. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 2-4 Lime Vitality Essential Oil from Young Living
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeno pepper. Add the Lime Oil. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 tbs Sugar
- Club Soda
- 1 shot of Grey Goose Vodka (or Rum)
- 1 drop Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- Add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass.
- Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint.
- Add the sugar and rum to the mint and lime.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Top with sparkling water. Add Orange Vitality oil and ENJOY!!!
Click here to get your own Essential Oils delivered straight to your home!
Never in a million years did I think that I would make my own mayonnaise! We love mayo in our home and use it for a lot of recipes. Recently I came across a super easy recipe that totally worked and I was blown away how easy it was and how great it tastes!
Most commercial mayonnaise you can buy at the store have other GMO oils in them as their main ingredient. Vegetable oils such as canola, soybean, corn, and cottonseed are the oils most common in store-bought mayonnaise and they are highly processed, contain trans fats, and/or are very high in omega-6 fatty acids which causes inflammation in the body and can lead to numerous health problems. Another problem is that they usually have added sugar and artificial ingredients.
But I’m here to tell you that making your own is REALLY EASY and the taste is beyond compare! All you need is a food processor, a few simple ingredients, and 5 minutes !
So before you get started, here are a few things you need to know:
1) All of your ingredients MUST be room temperature or it will not thicken.You can place your eggs in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes or leave them at room temperature for about an hour. I set mine on the counter the night before – no need to worry, the egg won’t go bad!
2) The kind of olive oil you use AND the brand you use matter! When making mayo, extra virgin olive oil it is too heavy and will leave a really bitter taste so you need to use extra light tasting olive oil. But not all extra light olive oils are the same, it took me a long time to figure out why sometimes my mayonnaise tasted awesome and other times it was bitter – some brands of extra light olive oil still have a strong taste! So I started using Filippo Berio brand every time because the taste is very neutral and it always turns out perfect. If you buy another brand, I recommend tasting it before you make the mayo. If it has any olive taste to it, your mayo will be bitter.
3) Buy pasteurized eggs.I didn’t make homemade mayo for a long time because I was worried about the raw egg. But then I discovered that you can buy pasteurized eggs, which are safe to eat raw! If you don’t want to spend the money on pasteurized eggs, you can pasteurize them yourself – just google it Or you can buy good quality cage-free eggs and wash the egg shell to remove any bacteria that might contaminate the egg when broken. However it’s not guaranteed like pasteurized eggs.
4) The slower you pour, the thicker the mayonnaise.When the recipe says “slowly drizzle” take it seriously. If you dump the oil in all at once it will result in a runny mess. The recipe works best if you pour as thin a stream of oil as possible.
5) Don’t use a copper or aluminum bowlIt can leave an aftertaste in your mayo.
5) And finally, Homemade mayo is SO MUCH better than store-bought! Seriously, no joke it will change your life.
*All ingredients MUST be room temperature for the mayonnaise to emulsify.
- 1 Whole Egg, room temperature (use pasteurized if worried about the raw egg)
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1¼ C Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, Filippo Berio brand (See above, the brand matters!)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, room temperature
- Place the egg, salt, ground mustard and ¼ C of the the olive oil into the bowl of a food processor.
- Whirl on low until combined.
- While the processor is still running, SLOWLY drizzle the remaining olive oil in, this should take you about 3 minutes. Resist the urge to dump it in at the end.
- Add the lemon juice and pulse on low until combined.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. The mayonnaise will be good until one week past the egg’s expiration date.
I love steak fajitas and so does my family! I found this easy peasy recipe that I make at least once a week! Continue reading “Steak Fajitas”
I absolutely love cabbage soup, I tried many different recipes but I have to say this one is my favorite! The best part is you will pee like a crazy person and loose some of that water weight!! Continue reading “Loose weight with cabbage soup”
We always bought pizza dough until recently my son brought home cooking book from a library and there was a super easy recipe. We decided to try it that day and it was so good! The best part is, its so easy!!!! Continue reading “How to make Pizza Dough”
For YEARS I have searched for a good tasting protein shake without all the harsh chemicals that my body couldn’t handle and finally I found it!!! I am in LOVE with this new Pure protein Complete from Young Living!! It tastes just like a milkshake would from your favorite ice cream parlor! The best part about it it comes in 2 flavors Chocolate Deluxe and Vanilla Spice!
1 two-scoop serving provides 25 grams of protein, which is 50 % of your daily recommended amount! That is more than 4 eggs! There is five different protein sources to create a more nutritionally comprehensive blends: whey protein, goat milk (don’t worry you can’t taste it al ALL), egg whites, peas, and organic hemp seed!
Why hemp seeds and pea proteins you may ask? Hemp and pea protein are considered complete because they contain essential amino acids in sufficient quantities to meet body’s needs. Pure Protein Complete supplies the body with elements that support the production of ATP, the energy currency of the body.
Ancient peat and apple extract, along with powerful B-vitaminblend, complete the formula.
*Excellent source of protein for the whole family
*Provides a balance of amino acids
*No trans fat
*Protein metabolism support
The most important thing for me it tastes AMAZING and my whole family loves it!!!! The chocolate one is awesome when a sugar craving hits in the middle of the day and the vanilla one is just unbelievable even just mixed with water 🙂
Some ways we like to use it in my house are:
Add a scoop to your favorite pancake mix or any other baked goods
Add a scoop to a bowl of oatmeal
Or just enjoy it as a shake mixed with your favorite milk or just plain water. For the kids I also add some frozen berries 😉
Click here to see how you can purchase your own Protein Shake!!
I know you will LOVE it as much as me! It’s AMAZING!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.