I LOVE this mask and so do my kids! Who knew it would be so easy to make a face mask right on your kitchen! LOL Dark chocolate have immense health benefits. And they give you healthy, glowing, and flawless skin. Here’s how.
- Dark chocolate contains catechins, polyphenols, and flavanols. These organic compounds make it a powerful antioxidant. Dark chocolates are made from cacao seed extracts that are considered super fruits in terms of the antioxidant capacity. A study shows that dark cocoa chocolates contain more flavanols, polyphenols, and other antioxidants than any other fruits.
- It protects your skin from sun damage. The flavonols present in chocolate not only protect your skin from the harmful UV rays but also improve the hydration levels of your skin and boost blood flow.
- Dark chocolate helps you fight stress. Stress is one of the main causes of the collagen breakdown and wrinkles. And a study has found that cocoa helps in reducing the levels of stress hormones.
- Cacao extracts can also cure the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. A study involving mice conducted by the researchers from Seoul National University and the University of Massachusetts found that the polyphenols found in cacao extracts decreased inflammation and cured other allergic symptoms related to the skin condition (4).
This is my favorite DIY chocolate face masks that you can easily try at home.
All you need is:
- 1/3 cup Cacao
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbs Grounded Oats
- 4 tbs Plain Yogurt
- 5 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Patchuli Essential Oil
Mix everything together and apply all over your face and the chest area 🙂 Wait about 20-30 min and rinse 🙂 If you don’t have these oils yet but would like to purchase them at a discounted price go here