Talcum powder is one of those ingredients commonly found in baby and body powders. While some argue it is “safe,” others disagree, and after Johnson & Johnson had to pay out $417 million in damages to a terminally ill woman due to the talcum in their baby powder, I am going to just err on the side of caution and stick with a homemade version that I KNOW is safe and effective.
– 1/2 cup Arrowroot powder (substitute all or part cornstarch if desired)
– 1/4 cup Kaolin Clay
– 1/4 cup Magnesium Carbonate powder (sub Baking Soda if desired)
– 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil
– 8 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
– 5 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
Blend arrowroot, kaolin clay and magnesium carbonate well in a small bowl. Add essential oils and blend well to distribute the essential oils. Store in an air-tight container. Apply to under arms, feet and any other areas you want to keep dry.
SOURCE REFERENCE: Article on J&J pay out. (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/…/is-talcum-powder-safe-ova…)
To get your oils delivered to your home at a discount price click here