When life gives you lemons, you make an all-natural whitener. =) Skip the harsh chemicals and make this safe and effective whitener. Use it in your laundry, the bathtub, and any other surface that needs a little brightening.
3/4 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup lemon juice
10-15 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil
3/4 cup baking soda
7 cups water
Combine all ingredients in a container capable of holding 1/2 gallon or more.
Shake well before use.
Use one cup per load and wash with hot water for best results.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty cleaning product, this is going to be your best friend. It’s super easy to make. It’s non toxic and even your kids can help you clean! The best part is you don’t even need gloves!!! Continue reading “DIY Thieves scrub cleaner “
Let’s chat about one of the number one things we ALL use for a clean home: household cleaners. Continue reading “Household Non Toxic Makeover”
My boys LOVE Crepes! They can eat them everyday if I let them, so I found this easy recipe that I have been using for couple years now 😉 It’s quick and easy to make. Here are the ingredients:
3/4 cup Milk (I use almond milk but any milk will work)
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Flour
3 tbs. melted Butter
2 1/2 tbs. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 drops of Young Living Orange Vitality Oil (optional and make sure it’s Young Living ONLY, you can get them here).
Ningxia Berry Syrup or Maple Syrup
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients. Gradually add in the flour and butter, stirring to combine. Add the sugar and vanilla and tangerine oil, mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour about 1/4 a cup of the batter onto the griddle. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
Pour about 1 tbs of the syrup and spread it around and roll it up! So EASY and quick!
My boys love waffles! With powder sugar, syrup or just plain! I use to buy the boxed stuff back in the day until I read all the nasty ingredients in it so I came up across this recipe a few years back and it’s our favorite for sure!
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 tbs of sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbs unsalted butter, melted
2 cups of milk
butter to butter up the waffle maker
Preheat the waffle iron to hot.
In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a 2nd bowl use a wooden spoon to beat together the yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned pale yellow. add the vanilla extract, butter and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine.
Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until it’s blended.
Do NOT over mix.
In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold in egg whites into the waffle batter. Do NOT over mix!
Coat the waffle iron with a little bit of butter and pour just enough batter into the iron to cover the waffle grid. Close and cook as per manufactures instructions (mine beeps when it’s done) until golden brown. Serve immediately!
Serve with powder sugar, or any topping of your choice
Today was a super exciting day for my boys! Every time we go to the store they beg me to buy them goldfish but most of the time I say no because a lot of these foods are made with bleached white flour, additives, preservatives, food dyes, aside from the fact that they are super salty. YUCK!
The other day I came across this recipe that we made tonight and it turned out so GOOD and the boys loved it! It’s super easy to make you just need to purchase Goldfish cutters (I got mine here) These crackers are buttery, cheesy, and have about a million times the flavor of store bought goldfish crackers. They are dangerous, LOL. If you are avoiding gluten stay away because you won’t be able to stp!! LOL
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoon water
- Add the flour and salt to a food processor and pulse. Then add butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add grated cheese a little at a time and pulse.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough forms into a ball. Continue pulsing between tablespoons – this could take a minute. You can also feel the dough and if it shapes into a ball, it is ready.
- Flatten between two pieces of wax or freezer paper, and chill for 10-20 minutes. This helps the butter get cold and makes for a puffier cracker.
- Roll the dough fairly thin. About 1/8 of an inch is a good thickness. More thin = crispier, but you don’t want it paper thin.
- Cut out shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-20 minutes depending on how thick your crackers are.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The best part of it all, my kids had a fun activity that kept them busy for about an hr! ENJOY!
There is days you feel like some Mexican food but don’t feel like leaving your house, so I decided to just learn on how to make your own Salsa and Guacamole that are super easy to make! And to chase it down you need a good old Mojito! I promise your whole family will love it!
The video below got cut short but you can see on how you make it 🙂
5 Minute Salsa:
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1-2 handfuls of Cilantro
- about 3 tbs of Lime juice
- 2-3 drops Lime Vitality Essential Oil
1. Add all ingredients to food processor in the order listed. Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process to smooth as desired.
2. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 2-4 Lime Vitality Essential Oil from Young Living
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeno pepper. Add the Lime Oil. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 tbs Sugar
- Club Soda
- 1 shot of Grey Goose Vodka (or Rum)
- 1 drop Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- Add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass.
- Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint.
- Add the sugar and rum to the mint and lime.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Top with sparkling water. Add Orange Vitality oil and ENJOY!!!
Click here to get your own Essential Oils delivered straight to your home!